Etsy Shop Interview With The Owner Of StinsonPaperCompany

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

  I love using beautiful notebooks and journals, and ones that are handmade are extra special in my opinion. From writing in a journal every day, to jotting down idea's for your next story, you can never have to many notebooks. And that why I am so excited about our interview today with the owner of StinsonPaperCompany. A Etsy shop that sells amazing handmade journals and other related items. Feel free to also click on any of the pictures below to read more info about that particular journal.
 
 
Hi Staci, What inspired you to start your shop, StinsonPaperCompany, on Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/244853921/travel-journal-gold-damask-journal?ref=shop_home_active_17
This is a difficult question! For most of my adult life, I've worked at boring, unfulfilling jobs. Anything creative had to take place outside of work, and only then when there was time. I really needed to do something that made me happy, but also allowed me to earn a little money. Etsy provides that opportunity.


  What type of process do you use to make your lovely journals?
 
I use a variety of binding methods and am always reading about and experimenting with different techniques. I'm also inspired by beautiful papers and fabrics, and those ultimately determine how simple or intricate a journal will be.


  If you had to pick your favorite journal design you have made, what would it be?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/244959792/velvet-journal-coptic-diary-blank-book?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=velvet
 
Probably a velvet journal I recently made. I've always loved velvet, and this particular journal is bound with a combination of Coptic and long stitches and has a satin ribbon bookmark. It's simple but elegant.


  What would you say is your favorite part of making items to sell on Etsy?
 
Oh, that's easy! The contentment it gives. I love doing this, and being able to share what I make with people from all over is a dream come true.


  Other than journals, what are some of your favorite items you have made to sell in your shop?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/228663907/writing-journal-personal-diary-travel?ref=shop_home_active_1
 
Some of my other favorites are the cards with vintage images, particularly the ones with cats and dogs. They're so sweet and colorful, and it's wonderful to be able to take a piece of ephemera and make it in to something useful again.


  Thank you for taking the time to do a interview Staci, do you have any final thoughts you would like to share?
 
Thank you for including me in Bookworm Month. It's great that there are still so many people who enjoy putting their thoughts on paper, and that there are people like you who encourage it. Thank you again, LeAnne!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment