Bookworm Month ~ Author Interview With Deanna Douglas

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hi Deanna, please tell us more about yourself and the type of books you write.
  
Well, I love to explore and try out new things all the time. My favorite place to be is the grand outdoors! My favorite things to do outside are hiking, swimming, rock climbing, and horseback riding. The world is full of mysteries and secrets; either in the the ancient Egyptian pyramids or the depths of the ocean, it's just waiting to be discovered. If there's an adventure out there somewhere, I definitely want to be a part of it!

What inspired you to begin writing?
Ever since I can remember I loved books, writing, and trips to the library. Even when I was really little, I would think up all kinds of different stories and write them down all the time. When I was 14 I became serious about writing my own book and getting it published someday.

What is your coming book, Oce'ane, about?
My book, Oce'ane, is about Mr. and Mrs. Tate, marine biologist, historians, and cartographers, who set out to find an island that has never been discovered before. Their only guide was an old book dated back to the 15 hundreds which had an old map that gave them detections to, what was called, "the island of no return". So they set out to the island to discover its mysteries and secrets. But they had to take their baby, Oce'ane, along also due to certain problems. But when they found the island, to keep it undisturbed and to continue their research, they decided to live there in secret, raising their baby on her own island. Years later when Oce'ane was only seven years old, her parents were on their boat out in an unpredicted terrible storm. During that storm the boat sunk along with Oce'ane's parents, but Oce'ane managed to swim back to her island home, and promised herself never to leave. But when ten years passed two survivors crashed on her island by plane needing help. Through all of the adventures and hardships Oce'ane helps them with all she has, but when they leave will Oce'ane go with them? Or will a force of nature make her go? Oce'ane's fate takes her on an incredible journey where she will deny all odds and finds her destiny. And her and her new found friends find out who they really are. This thrilling drama will keep you on the edge of your seat and will keep you guessing until the end, but will also have you laughing along the way!

Who is your favorite character in the book and why?
Actually, that is a very hard question! But my favorite character would probably have to be Oce'ane. She is adventurous, loves the outdoors, has a strong character, and is brave when the time comes. She also keeps her family and home closest to her heart, and never thinks of herself when others are in need.

What is your favorite thing about writing?
My favorite thing about writing is thinking up exciting stories about other people and how everything gets pieced together! My motto has always been, "The person that never reads lives only once."

Thank you for doing a interview with us Deanna, do you have any final thoughts or updates you might want to tell everyone about?
 
Thank you for interviewing me! I have really enjoyed it!
I am hoping to publish my book, Oce'ane, in 2015!
 
 
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment