Author Interview With Shalynn Mellerup

Wednesday, September 23, 2015


Today we have an interview with Shalynn Mellerup. She loves writing and is hoping to publish her first book soon!


Hi Shalynn, please tell us more about yourself.

I live in the country and enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, and knitting. Picnics are also fun if I can escape the friendly free range chickens.
 
 
What type of books do you like to write? 
 
The type of books I like to write varies some. I want what I write to be a good story and a happy ending. The books I have finished are children's fiction but I have several books in progress that are other genres, including collections of short stories and poems. At this point, most of my writing is fiction.
 
 
What inspired you to begin writing?

I started writing when I was five or six. They were sentence long stories. As I got older the stories got longer but I didn't start a book length story until I was 12. At that point, my inspiration to write was to remember the stories.
 
 
 
Please tell us more about your first book you plan to publish. What is it about?

The first book I plan to publish is Jeka. It is a interplanetary adventure staring Jeka- an eight-year-old girl genius, her two friends, her twin older sisters, and Illinoi, a young genius with plans to take over the universe. It's up to Jeka, her sisters, and friends to stop Illinoi's plans for domination... and hopefully stay out of trouble.
 
 
 
What is your favorite thing about writing?

My favorite thing about writing is knowing that people enjoy the stories that I have so much fun creating. My favorite part of the actual writing process, though, is the planning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for joining us Shalynn! I hope everything goes smoothly and you get your first book published soon.
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment